Monday, December 13, 2010

The Bible!

     I have two things I'd like to share with you today. First, I think you should all know that my favorite aquatic buddy, Sushi, has decided to leave the comfort of his home with me and seek a better life for himself. If anyone sees him out there, let him know I miss him and he's welcome back anytime.

     Now to the main point. This last week while I was preparing my message on John the Baptist, I couldn't escape this idea that occasionally the Bible reads a bit like a Musical. I sort of used this idea in this weekend's message, The Musical (click to listen if you missed it), but I think this idea has a lot more potential. My sister is really into musicals and I've talked to her about writing a musical together on the life of Mary mother of Jesus. I think there is a lot of potential to a half fictional/half Biblical story about one of the most interesting women in the world. What was it like trying to raise God Himself as a child? What did the neighbors think? How did this affect her relationship with Joseph? What did her parents think? Anyways, you just wait. One day this story will be told and I hate to say it, but I think it'll make a great musical.

3 comments: