Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Full Circle


My life seems to be filled with "full circle" moments. Here is an example. When I was a sophomore in high school, I was sitting in my English class taking an essay test. I looked up at the teacher who was sitting with sort of an evil smirk on his face as he watched all his students pour over his well-crafted test. I said to myself, "I hope I get to be an English teacher just so I can have that moment." Six years later, after I graduated college with a degree in English, I sat in my big teacher's desk and smirked as my students poured over a well-crafted essay test and thought to myself, "I really don't want to grade all these." That was a great full circle moment for me. I had another one of those this weekend. We took about 16 junior high kids to Breakthru this weekend and it was amazing. It was super fun and I think most of the kids had a great time. My full circle moment came when I was standing in the back of the Tabernacle watching 450 junior high kids worshipping and I remembered when I was on my own junior high trip 14 years ago. 14 YEARS AGO!! I remember even then I had the desire to do what my youth minister was doing, and in that moment this weekend I think I finally realized that God had placed that desire in my heart all those years ago. I love where I am. I love what God has me doing. I love all these kids. And I love that God has such great plans for all of us. I can't wait for more full circle moments.

1 comment:

  1. Nick - you've given me many full circle moments. This is one, seeing my passion for Christ and ministry recreated in you. God bless you and your ministry to youth (Destiny forever!).

    ReplyDelete